Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rosemary's Mother

Well, it's been a terrible week around here, with the 2-y-old not sleeping and the mother going insane to match her crazed wailings. Not a lot getting done on any front. I had to frog a new hat I was knitting for a new baby (a friend's--probably already sleeping more than mine!) because I shattered the needle in a fit of pique. Really, really not in a happy space right now.

Earlier today when I thought things might be looking up I took the following picture of some happy things and hoped I'd post about them...now, I'm just hoping looking at the picture will serve as some sort of anodyne.



Of course, right now I can only think about how I really should have ironed the dishtowel. Ultimately I think this will be an apron. That is, when my daughter is 10 and I'm no longer responsible for her bedtime. (ideally we'd still have a bedtime around here, but basically, I currently figure if she lives to the ripe old age of 10 after years of sleep deprivation, we will have given up.)

I realized too in looking over this blog that there really are few pictures of her happy--and anyone just happening upon this would think that she's a truly miserable creature. But there are occasional happy moments. I swear. Let me find one to post...



There. See? Not just happy--stylish too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home