Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Peace and Love



I celebrate the single sock. And though she be but little (too short in all dimensions, alas), she is fierce.

I am thinking about this as a "starter" sock. So, it may be a mismatched member of a triplet of socks instead of a pair. I'd like to try the next one using a pattern and some of the helpful hints from this book, and I think I have nearly enough of the same yarn (I may have to hunt down another skein!). It's "Bamboo" by Regia in Papillon...I call it my "Peace and Love" sock, both for the Fountains of Wayne song that I haven't been able to get out of my head lately and because the colors...well, they just look like something I imagine one might have seen in the Haight in the late '60s. I sent some of the same colorway to a close crafty friend for Christmas...she's a much faster knitter than I am, and will probably have a pair done long before this one has buddies.

I'm having some sort of overcaffeination problem and my hands keep shaking whenever I try to photograph my one completed Christmas project (sigh)--so I'll have to try again later...I'll try not to make it two months before my next post! I don't know that that's New Years resolution-level try...but close...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home