Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh, right...

...I have a blog!

It's actually been pretty productive around here for the past month and a half...ok, two months. So much so I haven't been able to catch my breath to post anything. Or to take pictures of anything. The last project picture I took was shortly after my last post when I started this new one, tastefully draped over a bit of ancient history.



which is now halfway done. [edit: on looking at it, again, it actually looks a bit like a tapeworm at this stage. perhaps just because the picture is so fuzzy. ah well. and i was so proud of the bumpy garter stitch.]

And in the meantime I finished the 2-y-o's sweater, and she has already yanked two buttons off it (not maliciously...she's just learning to button, and loves practicing with this sweater. which, hey, is why I made it, right?)

I am also trying to get my sewing machine in gear to create the Most Wonderful Fairy Costume Ever, but I am having a heck of a time adjusting the tension for filmy fabric (remember, I got a lovely old machine, but an old machine). The needle thread keeps getting caught around the bobbin case (sigh)...I'm thinking my Friday job will be to take it in for a tune up. But it sewed cotton beautifully. I was almost a convert. But no, knitting. Definitely knitting. For now.

Oh, and I'm almost done with the Most Knitted Item in the World. When I do my dance of finishing, I'll write again. No, really, I promise this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home